Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Welcome on board!
    Please invite your daughter to also join us, we'd love to have her here too.
    BTW, where do you live?
    Roger
    Sumus semper in excretum sed alta variat!

Hello Everyone,
    My daughter's third child has been diagnosed with SB in the lumbar area probably L3. She is 21 weeks now. They have a 4 yr old girl and 6 yr old boy. Baby is due July 1. We are all up and down every day with our emotions. They are considering fetal surgery as they found out today they are eligible. We live near Cincinnati Children's in Ohio so surgery will be there. Next week they meet with neurosurgeons about possible surgery. I worry about my daughter going through the surgery as well as the baby.

This site and others have been helpful in seeing that there is hope for a full life for our grandchild.

Welcome on board Diana. Hang in there, the time between diagnosis and birth is the worst. Once the baby is born so many of your concerns and questions are resolved and answered. BTW does the baby have a name yet? Referring to your grandchild by name has a positive effect on people, it's much harder to be negative about a named person than "the baby" or (even worse) "the fetus".
    As far as care is concerned you've hit a jackpot, Cincinatti Childrens is a very highly rated hospital and SB is one of their specialities.
    Please feel free to invite your daughter to also join us.
    Roger

When they got pregnant this time they thought it would be fun not to know the gender since they knew with their other two. They have a boy and girl already. If it's a boy his name will be Anthony. No ideas yet for a girl. So far they have stuck to this but my daughter is open to finding out but her husband still wants to wait. I think it would be good to know now. My son in law has started reading the forum and I think she will feel like joining soon.
    We know Cincinnati Children's is great. My daughter had JRA, juvenile arthritis when she was 3 yrs old and two of my other grandchildren have been patients. One had life saving heart surgery when he was three days old and the other developed epilepsy when he was 5 or 6. Those guys are 15 and 17 now and doing great.

Hi All I Found My Way Back Here To The WebSite Some How I Lost The Website and for got the name of it until I google Spina Bifida Glad To Be Back I Hope Everyone Doing Good

Hello my name is Shane I met a lady online that has apina bifida and we are planing a trip to meet and wanted to try to learn as much as possible bwfor hand.

Hi is this site still active?

Welcome Ariel Jaan, yes we're still here. People come and go, as they feel the need. Do please tell us about yourself.

But please start a new separate topic, this one is too big to manage properly, we don't want more additions to this thread.
    Roger